Aurora Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gin's Blade Saint build

4 posters

Go down

Gin's Blade Saint build Empty Gin's Blade Saint build

Post  Ginjiro Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:16 pm

Its a work in progress, since I'm only am at 114, and T4, but you get the general idea. NOTE. ALL Jadeons are AOE at endgame. No ifs, ands or buts to it.

Heavy Blow: 2 its a prereq.
    Vigilance: 6 its a prereq, but a good skill to have

Frozen Curse: 2 Its a prereq.
    Ancient Recall: 3/max needed to meet min point spent requirement
    Wanderlust: 5/max again, needed to meet min point spent requirement.
    Helping Hand: 8/max more spirit is a good thing. Even for 30min.
    Mysterious Mirror: 6/max The Jadeon's answer to a stun using Vim. On T1. So yea, no being stunned for me here.

Ancient Ice:3 Its a prereq
    Faithful Defender: 7/max one of many shields you will be chain linking to consistantly take only 1s. At low levels watch your spirit.
    Refined Vigor: 8/max a great skill that kills your need for spirit pots. We will be working on hp pots soon
    Southern Knowledge: 6/max gives more spirit, which is always a good thing
    Ice Aptitude: 6/max A skill reset that has the benefit of upping def. Good to have but you can get by with only 2 points in it.

Five Thunders: 1 its a prereq. Dont cha love these?
    Ankh of Kings: 2 its good but not THAT good.
    Meditative Aura: 4 or 6/max this skill is HEAVILY dependant on the tome. If the tome is fixed (IE no longer glitched) max it, otherwise 4. In other versions of this game the tome gave scaling bonuses. Just like the tome for Ice Aptitude. Where every point gave whatever. In this version tho the tome only gives a set amount, which is rediculously low.
    Frenzied Edge: 9/max A great skill. Bleeds for 6k+ Max it.
    Air Shield: 5/max A double bonus skill. Gives more spirit, plus a nice def bonus. When tomed that EXTREME bonus gets RETARDEDLY high.
    Spontaneity: 7/max It gives defense and reduces the damage you take from crits. A great skill

Dance of Winter: 3 an AoE that DOESNT suck. But there's better later on. a prereq
    Nameless Way: 2 ( will max at 3) another shield that you will chain link to take 1s. Needs tomes tho
    Ice Barrier: 2 ( might max at 6) the reason why you no longer need pots. With this and refined Vigor, you shouldn't be that dependant on them.
    Deep Freeze : 3 ( will put at 5) the lengthy cool down killed this skill. It drops opponents def but meh. prereq
    Divine Execution: 0 ( will put at 6) a NICE skill, but not going to be a focus.
    Magnificent Spirit: 0 (will put at 4) nice for high HP opponents, but only as a first attack. You have better First Attack skills (like Divine Execution)
    Harsh Reality: 0 ( may put at 9/max) Its an AoE..... a good one... and it hits TWICE. can't go wrong there.
    Nature's Mystery: 0 ( will put at 6/max) Ever played Diablo 2 and saw a Paladin's freeze aura? Same thing here.
    The Seven Disasters: 0 ( will put at 9/max) another AWESOME skill. Single target but has two things going for it. HP Regen and it hits TWICE.

Hit em hard and hit em fast I say. Anytime I find myself in a situation I don't like, up goes the shields. Stagger the shields and bam, you got loads of funny as well as pissed off opponents thats doing 1s to you. While you are whacking all of them with an AoE, saving the last of their numbers for a direct attack of pure over kill. That's the Jadeon way.
Ginjiro
Ginjiro
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gin's Blade Saint build Empty Re: Gin's Blade Saint build

Post  Ginjiro Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:55 am

Did some PVPing against another hi level Jadeon. Came up with these notes.

Deep Freeze is crap. The ONLY reason to use it is for enemies that don't know you are there, which isn't likely, or bosses. You will NOT use Deep Freeze in PVP, and don't bother wasting tome points on it. This I already know.
Divine Execution is GOOD, BUT Magnificent Spirit is better. Why you ask? Cause MS can One shot people, Divine can not. MS hits people with two kinds of damage. First hit is after all your damage and their defense is added up. Second hit is the hp bonus damage. To put it into perspective, I fought a Jadeon that had it fixed, with tome fixed. he was 125. He hit me for 10k with just damage and an additional 3k. That's 13k. UNDER 135. That is NOT a crit. THat's SHEER DAMAGE. Lupins, you might have a problem, when one of the Jadeon's First Attack skills deals more damage than some of yall's crits. I popped that same Jadeon for 9k, so stew on that. The biggest difference in the damage tho is the fact that i was wearing full Celes +6 while he only had a celes helm, a +8 armor (norm, not ether or celes) and a +7 weapon. Ultimately, we about the same defense.
Ginjiro
Ginjiro
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PureLupin Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:55 am

Your build looks mean, remind me not to fight you or any other Jadeon.

I, however, am well aware of the power that Jadeons can unleash upon the masses. Yes you can deal quite alot of dmg without critting, which is damn sexy. So yeah Lupins will have an hard time trying to fight you. Straight up, that is. Lupins are quite adept at running in, dishing out heavy damage fast, and getting the hell out of there. Example : (granted i did this to a mob, but still) running around minding your own business, and your spot a potential target. Your target is preoccupied with something else. Activate Haste and get closer. Activate Determination for some extra AP, then activate Positive Reinforcement. Run up and smash with something for crazy damage. If i do it, and manage to crit, you wont survive. Unless of course you have that damnable Air Shield and other defense buffs running at the time.

Just remember all classes have their own pro's and con's. So just dont hate =D
PureLupin
PureLupin
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginjiro Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:45 am

Its supposed to be mean. Chain linking Shields keeps a Jadeon alive, and even against a high atk opponent, we can just stack them all in one go to take 1s. The thing I learned when doing some REAL PvPing is that pot spamming is annoying. Classes that one shot people are therefore, prefered, so the opponent can not pot spam. Those classes are... you guessed it, Lupins and Jadeons. While a Endgame Modo is beastly, truth of the matter is that you can still spam pots to survive the DoTs. THAT is why Lupins and Jadeons are focused on first in Wars. Lupins kill quickly, and Jadeons run into the center of mobs like crazed suicide bombers, and, like said bombers, blow everyone around them straight to hell. For example. Obscura. Obscura is a tome skill, that has the ability of sacrificing all of a Jadeon's Spirit and MOST of their HP to deal damage around them equal to a percent of the combined total that was used. To put some numbers to it, I have 11k Hp. I also have 20k Sp. When fixed, Obscura deals AoE damage equal to roughly 50% of the combined Hp and Sp lost, or in this case, about 15k damage. You can't reduce this damage. Its set. Its not affected by defense. And the more Hp/Sp that a Jadeon has, the harder the skill hits. That's what makes it so dangerous. Same goes for Magnificent Spirit. Half its damage is also set, and therefore isn't affected by defense. Magnificent Spirit is also the MAIN reason that late game Jadeons don't care about Vims. Vims can have all the Hp and Def that they want, they just hurting themselves.
Oh and PL, Airshield is just the Def that gets the most hype. Its by far not our best Shield. Faithful Defender is a great shield, itsabout on par with the Airshield. Nameless Way, when tomed, reduces damage over 100%, giving damage immunity ( or give 1s.)
Ice barrier can grant over 4k additional defense with well over 60% hp regen, and bleed immunity when completely tomed. And lets not forget Harsh Reality, which grants invincibility, as well as being an AoE.
Any Jadeon past 135 will try to one shot you before working on their other skills. NOTE PL, MS is a CLOSE RANGE SKILL. If you don't want a Jadeon to pop you with that stay out of melee range. Another way to combat this skill is to REDUCE your current Hp. Obscura's damage, like I said, is ENTIRELY dependant on the Jadeon's CURRENT Hp and Sp. Drain them of either ( or both) and that One shot skill won't be usable. The only other 1shot skill a Jadeon has after that is on T5, which is a skill that pops 6 times for something like 10k each. There's no real defense against it other than Defense.
Ginjiro
Ginjiro
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonnielion Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:15 pm

hmmmm input wheres the tome point seting to help with the build Question
Sonnielion
Sonnielion

Back to top Go down

Post  PureLupin Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Since i dont play a Jadeon, one of the only defense skills that ive been aware of was the Air Shield. You've said before that you guys have more, i just never took the time to stare at their skillset. Also, Gin, close range skills are all i have, so i HAVE to get into melee range to use them. Although i could possibly haste up to said jadeon, get him to start the skill, run like mad until the skill is over with, come in and hope his def buffs arent all up.

Like i said in my post "Air Shield and OTHER defense buffs"

Im staying out in the shadows if we war, and let you guys bring my victims to me. No need to make my presence widely known. Ill let Gin run around and massacre people like the plague. Very Happy
PureLupin
PureLupin
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginjiro Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:44 pm

Jezebeth wrote:hmmmm input wheres the tome point seting to help with the build Question
I will edit the first post to show where I put em, and why. Oh gods, that alone will take some time.

PureLupin wrote:Since i dont play a Jadeon, one of the only defense skills that ive been aware of was the Air Shield. You've said before that you guys have more, i just never took the time to stare at their skillset. Also, Gin, close range skills are all i have, so i HAVE to get into melee range to use them. Although i could possibly haste up to said jadeon, get him to start the skill, run like mad until the skill is over with, come in and hope his def buffs arent all up.

Im staying out in the shadows if we war, and let you guys bring my victims to me. No need to make my presence widely known. Ill let Gin run around and massacre people like the plague. Very Happy
xD I don't think I need to say much more than that.
Ginjiro
Ginjiro
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Veys Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:03 am

PureLupin wrote:Since i dont play a Jadeon, one of the only defense skills that ive been aware of was the Air Shield. You've said before that you guys have more, i just never took the time to stare at their skillset. Also, Gin, close range skills are all i have, so i HAVE to get into melee range to use them. Although i could possibly haste up to said jadeon, get him to start the skill, run like mad until the skill is over with, come in and hope his def buffs arent all up.

But you could also have a Skysong or Modo bring their hp/sp down and then go in for the kill. I don't really like this route, but seems to be the preferred route by most people lol. And xD to having Gin be the human shield...I mean the lovely killing machine. Razz
Veys
Veys
Intermediate
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginjiro Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:53 am

Veys wrote:

But you could also have a Skysong or Modo bring their hp/sp down and then go in for the kill. I don't really like this route, but seems to be the preferred route by most people lol. And xD to having Gin be the human shield...I mean the lovely killing machine. Razz
The only shields we have are Vims. Everyone else has SOMETHING that can one shot people or prove to be a dangerous foe in Fort battles. Modos can dance the Dance of Form Shifting to keep immunities and DoTs up, Jadeons can 1shot singles or whole crowds, Skysongs can Sleeplock people ( by far the worse position to be in) and Lupins can run up and kiss you on the cheek with the Kiss of Death. But don't knock Vims. In one on one fights, they can be very dangerous ( til I drop MS on em)
Ginjiro
Ginjiro
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PureLupin Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:24 am

Just pray i dont silence you. If i can pull that off, you're as good as dead. Provided i can survive getting that damn close XD
PureLupin
PureLupin
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Veys Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:20 pm

PureLupin wrote:Just pray i dont silence you. If i can pull that off, you're as good as dead. Provided i can survive getting that damn close XD

...Come on PL! You can do it!...Maybe xD
Veys
Veys
Intermediate
Intermediate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down